So, instead of being too specific about things I am thankful for (family, friends, etc.), I will list a few of the not-so-obvious things that make me aware of OTHER things I should be thankful for.
Wait, did I read that right?
Yes, yes you did. You'll see. Ok? Ok. Here we go....
- Rainy Days. The earth needs water to grow trees and, as my son just learned in 3rd grade, we humans need trees to live. And how can we appreciate sunny days without rainy days? Plus, it makes for a great writing environment and movie binging afternoons in pajamas. And that tap tap tapping sound on the rooftops - calming music to my ears.
- A Messy House - Yay! There are people in your life that feel so comfortable in your home that they leave their stuff all over your house. You want your home to be warm and welcoming, right? So, why clean up? Drop that sweater on the floor right now and jump on your couch with your feet up, shoes on and all!
- Burning Toast - What's worse? Not having any bread to burn. Scape off the burnt edges and you're good to go. Be thankful and forget the extra crunch and just swallow. If all else fails, add butter or cream cheese. Cream cheese can fix almost any culinary disaster.
- Computer Almost Crashing - This made us implement a serious online/offline backup system for our photos. Unless a meteor hits the planet and causes a ripple across the world that would make all of google's backup servers explode, simultaneously causing NJ to crumble to dust, then I need not worry. And if that does happen, those photos are the least of my troubles.
- Sporadic Electrical Outages - That's when I realize how good we all have it. Without electricity, our winters would be freezing, our summers scorching hot, ice would be a rarity, and let's not even mention the lack of technology. That's right. There would be no internet. Not even cell phones. Yes...temporary outages makes me very very thankful of electricity.
- Stubbing Your Pinky Toe - Ouch! It hurts right? Good. That's means you're alive! In the random chaos that is the wondrous universe, somehow we are here, on this planet, blood pumping through our veins, and completely conscious of ourselves, even as we curse that damn bathroom door that came out of nowhere. The fact that we exist, you have to admit, is pretty freaking awesome.
Be thanksful guys. For everything, even the stuff that seems aweful.